A commercial financial services organization is looking for an additional attorney to join its Legal Department. As the largest premium finance company in North America, FIRST Insurance Funding has built a reputation for superior service, innovation and flexibility. During the last decade, FIRST has grown from a $300 million finance company to more than a $6 billion finance company. FIRST is a subsidiary of Wintrust Financial Corporation, a financial services holding company and the fastest growing financial services company in Illinois history.
This position will report to the General Counsel and manage various areas of law, including commercial lending, transactional work, regulatory issues, litigation management support, asset management, and bankruptcy. The incumbent will work closely with all levels of management, staff, and departments within the company, and provide legal advice that minimizes risk and capitalizes on business opportunity. We are looking for an accomplished, mid-level attorney with strong contract drafting and negotiation skills, as well as solid business instincts and judgment.
- Handle the drafting, review, and negotiation of a variety of types of commercial agreements, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct complex legal research to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate production and responses to discovery and regulatory inquiries.
- Manage legal correspondence for a broad range of matters.
- Able to interpret statutes, regulations, and policies and explain their content in a clear and concise manner.
- Self-motivated and resourceful: Will take initiative to independently analyze issues and manage projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on broad variety of legal matters; adapts to changing business priorities and environments.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and high attention to detail: will detect legal issues in an array of business areas.
- Highly organized: Able to manage numerous assignments and prioritize time efficiently.
- Positive attitude in a fast-paced environment and capable of establishing working relationships with coworkers.
- Strives to provide excellent work product and customer service; demonstrates professionalism and pride in all aspects of the position.
- 3+ years legal experience in any combination of a law firm and/or corporate in house insurance.
- D. from an ABA-accredited law school and licensed/eligible to practice in-house in Illinois.
- Banking and/or financial services experience preferred.
We provide an engaging, dynamic work environment, an excellent compensation package including 401k, employee stock purchase plan, medical/dental, life insurance and more!
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.