Northern Trust is recruiting students who are eager to gain experience working in a leading financial institution in a downtown Chicago location. Law students (with knowledge of Contract Law) are preferred. The roles available are internship placements on a temporary assignment. Estimated number of hours per week is 10-20 hours. Scheduling is flexible but hours must be between 8:00am and 6:00pm, and between Monday through Friday. Estimated duration of assignment is 3 months with potential opportunity to extend.
The placements are within the Enterprise Data Governance Group, which is a Shared Services Business function at Northern Trust and is responsible for the delivery of governed, reliable, high-quality enterprise data. We are undertaking a review of client documentation and account/data set up in order to ensure the accuracy of data, establishing a golden source record of client data and maintaining good business practice and conduct. A second outcome of this initiative is the creation of a centralized repository to house these documents in order to meet enterprise needs.
The scope of work will involve administrative tasks and review/analysis of legal documentation and agreements. The review will cover the following activities:
- Collate Legal Documents (Physical and Electronic) for clients
- Record data from Agreements/Documents for contracting entities within our database
- Verify the correct set up of accounts in company systems
- Based on this experience, contribute to the design of our enterprise document taxonomy in order to achieve optimal AI-based analysis and document analytics
The review is owned by our business units with engagement from the Legal Department, all of whom are committed to providing assistance, training, and subject matter expertise.
- Law student (with knowledge of Contract Law) preferred
- Highly motivated with a “can do” attitude
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical, self-starter
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint preferred but not mandatory
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.