LAGBAC is one of the largest and most well-respected LGBTQ+ bar organizations in the country, based in Chicago and Chicago’s surrounding areas. Its members include lawyers, judges and other elected officials, law students, and other legal professionals. Since 1987, LAGBAC has united and strengthened the LGBTQ+ legal community by:
- providing its members vast social and networking opportunities;
- presenting hundreds of hours-worth of continuing legal education;
- granting scholarships to law students;
- working with Lambda Legal, the Public Interest Law Initiative, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, the Cook County Public Defender’s Office, and other organizations, to connect students with internships in their areas of interest;
- offering mentoring to students and young lawyers; and
- evaluating candidates for judicial office as a member of the Alliance of Bar Associations for Judicial Screening.