LAGBAC is one of the largest and most well-respected LGBTQ+ bar organizations in the country. Its members include lawyers, judges and other elected officials, law students, and other legal professionals. Since 1987, LAGBAC has united and strengthened the LGBTQ+ legal community by:
- providing its members vast social and networking opportunities;
- presenting hundreds of hours-worth of continuing legal education;
- granting scholarships to law students;
- working with Lambda Legal, the Public Interest Law Initiative, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office, and other organizations, to connect students with internships in their areas of interest;
- offering mentoring to students and young lawyers; and
- evaluating candidates for judicial office as a member of the Alliance of Bar Associations for Judicial Screening.