LAGBAC is one of the largest and most well-respected LGBTQ+ bar organizations in the country. Its members include lawyers, judges and other elected officials, law students, and other legal professionals. Since 1987, LAGBAC has united and strengthened the LGBTQ+ legal community by:
- providing its members vast social and networking opportunities;
- presenting hundreds of hours-worth of continuing legal education;
- granting scholarships to law students;
- working with Lambda Legal, the Public Interest Law Initiative, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office, and other organizations, to connect students with internships in their areas of interest;
- offering mentoring to students and young lawyers; and
- evaluating candidates for judicial office as a member of the Alliance of Bar Associations for Judicial Screening.
LAGBAC is supported mostly by membership dues, but the organization is always grateful for any amount of monetary donation it receives to help further its mission to provide support and strength to the LGBTQ+ legal and greater community.
Click here or our logo below to donate to LAGBAC.*
* Note: If you would like to donate to the LAGBAC Foundation, please visit here.