Would you like to be a judge?
If you have ever considered running in a judicial election, this CLE is for you. Leaders and participants from the Alliance of Bar Associations for Judicial Screening and from the Chicago Bar Association will detail the process of judicial evaluation for election and appointment to the Circuit Court of Cook County.
Sitting judges from all state court levels will address the various paths to the bench in Cook County. Two federal judges and representatives from the offices of Illinois Senators Durbin and Kirk will discuss how appointments to the federal bench get made.
Three moderated conversations with time for Q&A will be followed by a networking reception at Hinshaw & Culbertson.
Learn about running for judicial office
Participants will be eligible for 3.0 Professional Responsibility CLE Credits.
This event is presented by the Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago
- Hon. Mary Jane Theis, IL Supreme Court
- Hon. Laura C. Liu, IL Appellate Court
- Hon. John H. Ehrlich, CCCC
- Hon. Linda Pauel, CCCC
- Hon. Colleen F. Sheehan, CCCC
- Hon. Sara L. Ellis, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Hon. Mary Rowland, U.S. Magistrate Judge
- Joyce Williams, ISBA
- Susan Horn, Co-Chair of the Decalogue Society of Lawyers JEC and Co-Chair of the Alliance Executive Committee
- Jeff Finke, former general chair, CBA JEC
- Dan Swanson, Senior Counsel, Office of Sen. Dick Durbin
- Peter V. Baugher, chair of Sen. Mark Kirk’s Judicial Advisory Board
- Susana Darwin, Co-Chair, LAGBAC JEC