POSITION: In-house Staff Attorney
LOCATION: Northbrook, IL
REPORTS TO: Senior Attorney and Director of Servicing
SALARY: Mid-$50k plus benefits after probationary period; commensurate with experience
High-growth North Shore consumer legal finance company is looking for a junior level In-house Staff Attorney to add to our dynamic team. Successful candidate will be responsible for assistance in implementing servicing processes and procedures to optimize collection of funds, negotiation with attorneys and paralegals, accurate research of relevant legal issues, and monitoring developments in the industry of non-recourse cash fundings to plaintiffs in litigation. Basic experience in drafting pleadings and motions also required. We offer competitive salary, full benefits package and informal work environment. Please submit salary history and work experience to: email@example.com.
Essential functions of the position include (percentages are approximate and are subject to change):
- Review payoffs and negotiate settlements with plaintiff attorneys. – 50% of the position
- Calling attorneys/paralegals to obtain information on complex cases. – 25% of the position
- Looking up cases and researching dockets using national, state and local resources. – 10% of the position
- Analyzing cases, attending hearings as necessary, filing legal documents. – 5% of the position
- Research relevant legal issues as required in various fields of law; draft memoranda and pleadings. – 5% of the position
- Various other miscellaneous duties assisting management and executives, such as drafting correspondence, special portfolio analysis projects, regulatory compliance, etc. – 5% of the position
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required.
- J.D., must be licensed to practice law in Illinois
- One to two years litigation experience required in personal injury and/or workers compensation
- Familiar with legal research and writing; use of Lexis-Nexis or Westlaw
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; prior negotiation experience preferred
- Familiarity with Word and Excel; data analysis a plus
Please note: Mandatory criminal background check is required.
Resume and salary history is required for consideration. Writing sample and transcript are not required, but recommended.